Create a Chevron Border with Technique Tiles
Daniela here, and I'm going to show you how to create a fun Chevron border with Technique Tiles.
- Technique Tile Buttons
- A watercolor crayon (I'm using a Scarlet one.)
- The Fabulous by Ali Edwards stamp set
Here's what you do:
1. Stamp a flower from the Fabulous by Ali Edwards stamp set on several square button Technique Tiles.
2. Color each tile with a watercolor crayon. Blend the color with a water pen.
3. Cut each tile in half, diagonally. I used a ruler and a craft knife.
4. Arrange tiles on a card to make a Chevron pattern. It doesn't matter that the pattern doesn't match. I like it like this.
5. Tie twine across the seam. Add a stamped butterfly and brad to the twine. Stamp a sentiment in the bottom corner of the card.
Posted by: Scrapbook-ChickADoodle | October 21, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Cool idea! Thank you!!
Posted by: Jill | October 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Very cool! Love this idea, and the yellow butterfly in contrast with the red chevron! Fabulous! Thank you for sharing.
Posted by: Katie B. | October 21, 2011 at 09:51 PM
I love the sentiment of this card and the butterfly is appealing. The chevron border made this design not-so-ordinary. Great post!
Posted by: Creative Photo Albums | October 27, 2011 at 12:28 AM